Companion Care – Schereville, IN.
Serving Munster, Crown Point, Highland, St. John & NW Indiana
As adults grow older they may need some extra help around the house with daily living and companionship. Persons with disabilities or others recovering from injury or surgery also benefit from our companion care services that we offer at Assured Home Healthcare. Our caregivers & companions are available to take care of your loved one needs, such as assistance with light housekeeping, running errands and providing medication reminders, all while spending quality time with your loved one. Caregivers are available for as little as a few hours a week to up to 24 hours a day, seven days a week to offer in-home care. By spending time with your senior, we ensure your loved one has every opportunity to have a good conversation or share a happy memory at any moment.
What is companion care?
This type of care includes every aspect of support: emotional & social.
Companionship services include:
- Conversation and mental stimulation, listening to music or playing board games & cards
- Meal preparation & time spent together over meals such as breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Light activity, such as a walk or time spent outside
- Laundry & light housekeeping
- Medication reminders
- Grocery shopping & errands
- Transportation to and from appointments & social events
- Reminders for personal care & grooming
Our caregivers are there for safety purposes, making sure our client can easily get in and out of the vehicle or the store. We help with walkers and other mobility aids to avoid falls & injury.
Caregiver Screening & Hiring
At Assured Home Healthcare, we take great care in selecting our caregivers. In fact, we have many steps when hiring to ensure they meet all of our standards. When one of our caregivers comes to your home, you know they are dependable & trustworthy.
- Pass the Home Health Aide test
- Take and pass drug screening, ethics, attitude and reliability tests
- Criminal background and state driving record checks completed
- Verifiable employment history & personal references
- Professional certifications, licenses or registrations verified
- Checked against state and federal sex offender registries
- Personal interview & full skills orientation class
- Eligible for employment in the U.S.
Assured Home Healthcare in Schererville, Indiana is eager to help you and your family by offering meaningful companionship to your loved one in the NW Indiana area. Contact us today!